Friday, November 19, 2010

Being a dad

I am sitting at Applebees waiting for food and I was looking at my kids in my photos. I got all emotional because I do not have them here with me. I love my children to the point I would kill someone for hurting them. I am not joking I would hunt you down like a dog and inflict the worst pain you ever felt if you messed with my children.

As I am looking at the pics I realize just how ill-equipped I am as a father. I never had a good role model for a dad. I had 5 step fathers so trust me when I say I had enough bad examples. My current step dad is a nice guy but I meet him when I was 17 and left home at 18. He is a great guy and I am happy my kids call him Papa by he wasn't an influence growing up.

My biggest influence was my high school electronics teacher, Mr Wayne Fruge. I spent more time with him in 4 years than anyone else. He was the main reason I went into teaching and still I hope to be as good of a teacher as him.

My son is 17 now and I think I did an ok job raising him. He is turning into a fine young man and I am proud of him. I just wish I could do more for him. Unfortunately I decided to be a school teacher.

Well my food is here and I just hope that the most important job I have been taxed with I do not fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment