Sunday, October 9, 2011

The road to black belt

Recently I was awarded a brown belt in Brazilian jiujitsu from Tim Credeur with his instructor Rodrigo Mederios present.

I started thinking how this would be the third martial art I am trying to attain the rank of black belt. My other two belts are in Taekowndo and Judo. I still remember when I received them and hold them in a special place in my heart.

So I thought I would document or report on my time spent as a brown belt in BJJ.

So we will start of the first week with doing some guard work. I've decided that my exploration period is over and I'm just going to stick to a few things and make them virtually unstoppable.

Closed guard I'm going to focus on standard submissions, arm bar, triangle, and collar chokes. I'm going to tune up flower, pendulum, and scissor sweeps.

My idea is to keep it relatively simple while in the guard and make it active and dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment